Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Catch Up!

Reflection just happens! I am out mowing the yard, and ZAP, I think how often I mowed our yard when I was growing up. Funny, I don't remember my younger sisters having to mow! But, I never really minded; it was fun being outside and it had a beginning and an ending; I had accomplished something and it helped my family.

After I got married, Ray mowed most of the time, although I pitched in occasionally. Mostly I was busy with children, school, and the house. The house was definitely at the end of the list. I have never been a good "housekeeper," even though I admire those who are. But the slack was always picked up by my wonderful and infinitely patient husband, Ray. He has washed more dishes and clothes, vacuumed and cleaned the bathroom, more than any wife has a right to hope for.

So, now I am playing "catch-up"! I mow; I wash; I fold; I dust; I organize; I fertilize; I vacuum; Gosh, this really IS a full time job!

I am finding my way in this new phase of life and liking it alot. Another bonus is being able to pray, read the Bible, and focus on getting my spiritual house in order as well.

Psalm 51 says, "Create in me, a clean heart O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me." My life, like this Reflection, is a work in progress.